FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Following the success of its Ramadan fundraiser for children’s welfare in Yemen, Muslim Pro is collaborating with UNICEF again to support an emergency fundraiser for children affected by the crisis in Afghanistan.
- Around 10 million children across Afghanistan need humanitarian assistance to survive – 1 million children under the age of 5 will be severely malnourished by the end of 2021 and nearly 2 million children will require clean water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) support.
- Muslim Pro strongly urges the global community to support the emergency fundraiser in solidarity with the people of Afghanistan.
SINGAPORE, 13 October 2021 – Muslim Pro, the world’s most popular Muslim lifestyle and religious app with 100 million downloads globally to date, is supporting UNICEF in its emergency fundraising efforts for the children affected by the crisis in Afghanistan.
The crowdfunding effort follows a successful campaign in May 2021 where Muslim Pro collaborated with UNICEF for its Children in Yemen Appeal, coinciding with the app’s larger Ramadan campaign which saw close to 500,000 completed Quran readings worldwide.
Fara Abdullah, Managing Director at Muslim Pro said: “The Muslim Pro app has had an amazing year with some great highs which included the highly successful Khatam Quran campaign last Ramadan. The campaign also witnessed us collaborating with UNICEF for their Children in Yemen Appeal. However, our efforts should not end there, especially when there are millions of children in Afghanistan who are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance. It is only right for Muslim Pro to step up and raise awareness about the crisis in the country and end the year on a proper high.”
The crisis in Afghanistan
Muslim Pro users may donate to UNICEF until 8 November 2021 via an in-app link at https://bit.ly/3mLaTGh to support the organisation’s emergency response and overall work to support the humanitarian assistance for the children in Afghanistan.
According to UNICEF, Afghanistan is one of the most dangerous places to be a child. War, destruction and loss are commonplace to the children, families, and communities in Afghanistan. However, escalation in tension and violence in the country is further threatening the situation which is also becoming more desperate.
- Around 10 million children across Afghanistan need humanitarian assistance to survive.
- 4.2 million children are out of school, including 2.2 million girls.
- Over 12 million people are at emergency or crisis levels of food insecurity and shortage.
- Without immediate assistance, 1 million children under the age of 5 will be severely malnourished by the end of 2021, and nearly 2 million children will require clean water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) support.
Ms Fara added: “We hope that the global community can step up in solidarity to help the children in Afghanistan who are suffering from the crisis. Muslim Pro is committed to this campaign and we will work hard in raising awareness about the situation in which the children in Afghanistan are living in.”
Notes to Editors:
For Media Enquiries, please contact: email@example.com
About Muslim Pro
Muslim Pro started as a mobile application with a simple idea: to provide accurate prayer times for Muslims. Over time, Muslim Pro has grown with Muslims’ evolving needs, into a comprehensive mobile app that serves millions of users around the world offering comprehensive religious, lifestyle, and community features.
Its main features include accurate prayer times, azan, full audio Quran, Halal restaurants and Mosques guide, Qibla compass, Islamic Hijri calendar, Zakat calculation, Daily Inspiration contents, Fasting and prayer tracker, virtual Hajj journey, Popular Verses, daily Duas and Dhikr tracking in the Tasbih and Khatam features.
Muslim Pro has more than 100 million downloads in over 190 countries across users of all age ranges.
For more information, please visit https://www.muslimpro.com .